Wednesday, September 30, 2009

New Exaccerbation--Definitely Stress Induced

Stress is not a good thing for the average relatively healthy person.  That being said, I can assure you that stress is major no-no for someone who happens to be sick, such as my fellow MSers.  However, most of us, healthy and sick alike (me included!), simply can't control our thoughts such as "how am I going to pay the rent/mortgage this month?" and/or "God, I have so much work to do, how am I supposed to finish all of this stuff by the deadline?"   The list of everyday stressors seems to never end.  In fact, I often find that my worries seem to multiply when I think of them because one problem usually has another problem or problems that caused it.   However, one has to be extremely careful not to think negative thoughts that may lead to stress when that person has Multiple Sclerosis.

Unfortunately for me I have yet to figure out ways to fight, or at the very least manage, my stress triggers.  This lack of knowledge has now left me with an oh-so-nice MS exaccerbation.  My poor right arm and hand just don't have the strength to even start the ignition in my car.  Actually typing this blog right now is a bit on the difficult side of things.  It's weird too, when the palm of my hand is facing up I cannot extend all of my fingers.  It's almost like they are too weak to function correctly. 

Due to these symptoms I was forced to call the neurologist in hopes that he will start me on an I.V. steroid treatment.  But, guess what!?!?  I have to suffer this way until he can get me in....on Monday!  I am a CNA and definitely need all of my appendages to function correctly in order to do this physically demanding job.  I work Friday-Monday so this should be interesting.  How am I supposed to be a caregiver to someone else when I, myself, am needing to be cared for?  Ugh!!! Something else to stress about!  It never ends...

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize that you were such a good writer!!!!! The weird thing reading your posts is that Jason says the same things, and the thing about turning your hand over and not being able to extend your fingers, he has the same problem, you can just push his last two fingers back like jello. Three MRI's found white spots on his brain, no one knows whats wrong, its getting frustrating and expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Search This Blog